The Area Director is responsible for the organizations consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
- Establish an annual and long-range strategy that ensures financial success, timely progress and consistent achievement of the overall mission
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Ministry Development Team and staff, and carry out plans in partnership with them
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of work
- Provide leadership for international outreach strategy and implementation
- In communications, the Area Director will:
- Keep staff and volunteer teams informed on financial and ministry status
- Retain consistent contact with donors
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations
- Represent the vision, mission and programs to churches and in the community
- In budget and finance, the Director will:
- Ensure that adequate funds are raised and are available to carry out its work
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices
- Work with the staff in preparing a budget
- Work with the Ministry Development team to increase funding
- In relations with staff, the Director will:
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers, in conjunction with US Area Ministries and Human Resources
- Ensure that job descriptions are individualized, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that Joni and Friends Human Resource practices are followed
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff and volunteers of top quality people
- Other departmental projects that may be assigned by the Supervisor/Other Leadership
- Other projects and assignments as necessary to support the overall strategic plan of Joni and Friends
- Must possess a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with the Joni and Friends statement of faith
- Must be a leader who is committed to our Mission, Vision, Values and the 4 things we do
- Manage and grow fund development programs for non-profit organizations with budgets of $200,000+
- Proven success implementing a strategic giving program for major donors
- Executive-level experience training and managing staff and volunteers
- Experience with working/volunteering in a nonprofit organization and being a part of a creative, committed, healthy and flexible work environment
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate our mission verbally through one-on-one interactions and public speaking opportunities
- Excellent writing skills a must
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to formulate and execute plans efficiently and effectively
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Prior to applying for any position with Joni and Friends, all applicants must review our Statement of Faith and Mission Statement (below) and be in agreement with both.
As a ministry, Joni and Friends strives to exemplify Jesus Christ and bring Glory to God in all we say and do. To that end, employment at Joni and Friends is to be taken seriously as one who is not simply considering employment, but committing to the core mission of the organization to fulfill the biblical mandate of inclusion of those with disabilities into the full-life of the church. All employees of Joni and Friends participate in its ministry wide prayer life, leadership training and other general staff training that may take place from time to time.
Below outlines the vision, mission, values and pillars of Joni and Friends:
VISION: A world where every person with a disability finds hope, dignity, and their place in the body of Christ.
MISSION: To glorify God as we communicate the Gospel and mobilize the global church to evangelize, disciple and serve people living with disability.
BIBLICAL COMMISSION: Go out quickly in the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lamego out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. Luke 14:21-23 (NIV)
- Honor God in everything we do.
- Build relationships based on trust and respect.
- Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services.
- Practice responsible stewardship
FOUR PILLARS OF MINISTRY
- Lead Like Jesus*
- Excellence in area of expertise
- Best Christian Workplace
* Lead Like Jesus is a course of study provided to all employees and is based on the book written by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges of the same name. The Lead Like Jesus course is the model which governs our ministry culture and contributes significantly to Joni and Friends maintaining its certification as a Best Christian Workplace according to surveys by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI).
Powered by JazzHR