See all jobs in Ashland VA
Job Location: Ashland, VA
Region: North America
Division: Manufacturing and Warehouse
$17.00/hour starting wage Plus 10% shift differential for 2nd & 3rd shifts
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has immediate openings for Manufacturing Assemblers at our facility in Ashland, VA for our evening and overnight shifts. In this position, you will get to make custom window shades that integrate with our lighting control systems. Starting with fabrics and metals, you will help produce the highest quality shades that get installed in amazing buildings around the world.
You are interested in smart-home technologies and craftsmanship. You should not only enjoy building things, but also have a high standard of performance and quality. With every shade being a custom-made order, work here is never boring!
You will have the opportunity to build a career with a successful technology company by working in a hands-on environment. Our team members learn the skills needed to produce innovative products while performing a wide range of responsibilities to support our engineering, manufacturing, testing, and packaging operations. As part of your career development you will rotate through multiple departments, gaining new skills and exposure to the broad range of equipment, processes, and technologies employed in our products.
- Follow detailed work instructions to build and package products
- Assemble custom products to meet the needs of our worldwide customers
- Learn how to identify and assemble shade components
- Learn our inventory management system and enter materials transactions
- Work with material handling equipment to transport materials
- Ability to learn and apply new tasks quickly
- Flexibility to work on evening shifts
- Basic math and computer skills
- Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. and work standing for 8 hours a day
- Ability to read and follow work instructions in English
- Desire for continuous learning
A career with Lutron includes great benefits like:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401k with Match
- Bonus and Profit Sharing
- Paid time off including Vacation and Personal days
- Parental leave
- and more!
We work collaboratively in a safe, climate-controlled environment. We also assist your career development by offering an education reimbursement program so that you can attend college courses to prepare yourself for additional responsibilities and opportunities within the company.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.