See all jobs in Austin TX
Job Location: Austin, TX
Region: North America
Division: Manufacturing and Warehouse
Ketra, a Lutron Electronics company, has an immediate opening for a skilled SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Operator for its Austin, TX facility to drive the startup of a new SMT line. In this position you will be instrumental in the startup of a new SMT line and responsibilities will include executing to production schedules, developing recipes, calibrating equipment, and performing quality control.
- Proficient in the setup, operation, and tear down of high-speed pick and place, screen print, x-ray and re-flow ovens.
- Visually inspect SMT components and process using a microscope and your experience to verify production meets our high quality standards.
- Ability to interpret specifications, work orders, and reports in order to determine materials requirements and assembly instructions. Interpretation of schematic drawings, diagrams, and blueprints for troubleshooting is preferred.
- Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan and review work activities, and to resolve production problems.
- Stay aligned to Lutron's culture and values
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- Be passionate about your work and taking care of subordinates
- Be an innovative thinker to deliver quality products
- Be flexible and adaptable to deliver value
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years' experience operating SMT equipment
- Familiarty with the entire SMT process. This includes Paste Printing, Solder Paste Inspection (SPI), Placement, Part Verification Systems, Reflow, and Automated Optical Inspection (AOI).
- Understanding of IPC-A-610 Rev D requirement of placement and solder fillet.
- Experience with MPM paste printers, PARMI SPI, Fuji placement machines (NXT, XPF, and AIMEX), Flexa Programming, Cogiscan Part Verification, Electrovert ovens, ECD Mole Map, and Nordson-Yestech AOI machines are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform SMT rework by means of hand soldering is a plus.
- Candidate should understand SMT production processes well enough to recognize and fix small issues before they become big ones.
- Demonstrated positive Customer Service demeanor and a "Can-Do" attitude.
- Self-starter that can achieve results with minimal supervision, true sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel to Pennsylvania for corporate-level training for initial onboarding
- Monday-Friday: 7am-3pm, flexibility to work other shifts as needed
- Occasional overtime is required (come in 2 hours early, stay two hours late, or may work some Saturdays/Sundays)
At Ketra, we are transforming the way we experience light. We believe that the light we live under as we work, play, and sleep should be natural. From our home base in Austin, Texas, we are building the most advanced technology for beautiful light - from the proprietary semiconductor in each light to a complete re-imagining of the user experience. The lighting industry is changing, and we are leading the charge.
After a decade of developing our innovative lighting technology, Ketra was acquired by Lutron Electronics in 2018. Pairing Lutron's history as an established leader in lighting controls and shades with Ketra's product offerings brings new and exciting possibilities to both brands and our customers.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our websites at www.ketra.com and www.lutron.com . EOE/AA. #Lutron