Location: Towson, MD Category: Staff Posted On: Tue Jun 15 2021 Job Description:
Do you have experience working as part of a collaborative, team-based approach to clinical services in a fast-paced work setting? Do you have experience providing short-term counseling, risk assessment, and crisis response? Goucher College is currently seeking a Director for our Student Counseling Center. The Student Counseling Center offers free, confidential, short-term counseling to full-time undergraduates actively taking classes as well as students enrolled in the post-baccalaureate pre-medical program at Goucher College.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Student Support and Success, the director is instrumental in providing high-quality, inclusive, strategic leadership for an innovative, integrated, and collaborative mental health wellness model that supports the College's diverse community. This important position requires a dynamic, motivational, and engaging leader with strong administrative skills and experience as a clinician. The successful candidate will be able to seamlessly shift between administrator and clinician responsibilities. This position is responsible for supervising staff, clinicians, and externs.
- MS/MA in clinical or counseling psychology, counseling education and supervision, or a MSW in social work from an accredited program; an earned doctorate (M.D., Ph.D., or Psy.D.) in psychiatry, clinical or counseling psychology, counseling education and supervision, or social work from an accredited program is preferred
- Five years of counseling experience; five or more years of experience in a college counseling center is strongly preferred
- Current license to practice psychology, counseling, or social work in the State of Maryland, or the ability to be licensed Maryland
- Experience with electronic health records
- Strong cultural competency in working with diverse populations and a successful track record of addressing issues of equity and inclusion with students, families, faculty, and staff
- Microsoft Office and Titanium experience
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you!
Goucher College is committed to increasing the diversity of our community and seeks applicants dedicated to applying principles of equity and inclusion in all areas of the campus community. Goucher offers a welcoming, diverse environment of an energetic campus and generous benefits. Employees start with 23 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 13 holidays per year. Goucher also offers retirement matching; health, dental, and vision vision plans; tuition remission; free parking; and more. Read more at: https://www.goucher.edu/human-resources/benefits.