CytoTechnologist - Hamilton - PRO Cytology - FT/Days
Job ID: 2021-27124
# of Openings: 1
Fort Hamilton Hosp
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether its by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
- Perform the functions of a cytotechnologist including collection, processing, accessioning, screening and quality control/assurance of a variety of GYN, NonGYN and FNA cytologic samples received at the Fort Hamilton Hospital lab.
- In addition, duties include initial processing and accessioning of small biopsies for transport to the central grossing lab at Kettering Medical Center.
- These additional duties will be overseen by the histology supervisor and training will be provided at the central lab in Kettering.
- Some infrequent travel may be requested for FNA coverage at other network sites, educational activities such as slide assessments and proficiency testing, or overflow screening needs at the central lab.
- Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists as a Cytotechnologist, or other certification equal in academic and clinical requirements.
- B.S degree from an accredited university/college with twelve semester hours of science, including Biology.
- Successful completion of a twelve month AMA accredited Cytotechnology program.
- Successful completion of certification examination.