Histotechnician (HT) - Kettering - Pathology - PRN/Nights
Job ID: 2021-28264
Type: Resource (PRN)
# of Openings: 1
Kettering Medical Center
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether its by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
Under general supervision, individual will:
- embed and perform microtomy of surgical materials for examination by a pathologist.
- perform special stains and immunohistochemical stains.
- perform frozen sections at all network hospitals.
- assist in morgue duties, as needed.
- assists in the maintenance and care of laboratory equipment and do related work as required.
- perform other duties as aasigned
- Eligible to sit for the HT(ASCP) certification within one year.
- Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnology program, or
- Associate degree or at least 60 semester hours academic credit from a regionally accredited university/college including 6 hours in chemistry and 6 hours in biology, and one year full time experience in histopathology under the supervision of a certified Pathologist, or
- High school diploma and at least 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of academic credit from a regionally accredited college or university with 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of chemistry and biology and one year of full time acceptable work experience in a histopathology (clinical, veterinary, industry, or research) laboratory in the US, Canada or an accredited laboratory within the last five years.
- Strong embedding skills and strong microtomy skills