RN Specialty - Kettering - Heart & Vascular - FT/Days
Job ID: 2021-29125
# of Openings: 1
Category: Registered Nurse
SW Cardio Kettering-ADM
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether its by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
The Specialty RN is responsible for:
- An experienced and highly skilled advanced practice cardiac technical RN/clinician that performs independently (with MD oversight) in the technical management of cardiac pacemaker, ICD and implanted cardiac monitor devices. Manages device patients and their care and implements treatment plans at a highly developed skill level in collaboration with physicians and other members of the healthcare team. Able to perform basic interrogation, adjustments to programming as per protocol or specific order, and able to troubleshoot basic, intermediate and advanced device issues.
- Assesses the patient clinically for device/rhythm related issues.
- Assesses implanted devices (either in-person or remotely) with full interrogation and identification of optimal programming, abnormal findings and/or arrhythmias.
- Interrogate and reprogram cardiac devices throughout medical center as on-call device nurse.
- Demonstrates accountability in the management of device patients.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
- Any other duties relating to the business operation of the medical practice that may be assigned by the physician(s) or practice office manager.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Experience: 2+ years experience as a practitioner in a cardiovascular care setting. A minimum of 1 year experience managing cardiac device patients is required.
- License/Certification: Registered nurse currently licensed to practice in the State of Ohio. BLS certification required within 60 days of hire. ACLS certification required.
- Required certification by Heart Rhythm Society as IBHRE Certified Cardiac Device Specialist (Allied Professional) within 1 year of hire or within the next available testing cycle after 12 months in this role.