Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of four business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; Specialty Products; and Industrial Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
To maintain the continued operation of the Cooker and Extruder machine while both adhering to all OSHA standards, safety standards and quality standards applicable according to Balchem Policies.
- Setup of feed systems, screw configuration, extruder, as well as start-up and shut down of the Extruder utilizing Standard Operating Conditions.
- Accurate handle all paperwork and collection of data, and properly maintain reporting in ERP system of all ingredients returned.
- Running of the extruder in all aspects from blender to K-tron, panel view, zone temps,k-tron feeder, airvey usage and flow.
- Monitor product and maintain quality notifying the proper person(s) if issues arise.
- Clearly record and maintain all necessary records and information as required, and bring to attention any discrepancies or otherwise noted concerns.
- Maintain a sanitary work area adhering to all OSHA standards and Balchem Standard Operating Procedures including but not limited to in process, end of shift, end of a run, quarterly and as otherwise directed.
- Always maintaining a high level of awareness for all safety measures including OSHA regulations and procedures set forth by Balchem management, including proper use of Lock out/Tag out procedures.
- Perform others duties as assigned
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel, safety, and equipment maintenance and upkeep. Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies and procedures (accident/injury reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces, emergency evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard communication, ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective equipment, etc.).
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
- Six (6) months of related experience and/or training.
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation, organization, time management, and communication skills (both orally and written).
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Individual should demonstrate strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and trustworthy), and be quality oriented and process oriented.
- The ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to Balchem production and safety procedures is needed.
- The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions is necessary.
- Individual should possess the ability to effectively communicate and handle conflict in a professional manner.
- The ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building a positive team spirit is required.
Individual will continually be required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, to talk and hear, and to utilize specific vision abilities including but not limited to close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, using proper ergonomic principles, taste, smell, and lift up to 25 pounds. Periodically required to lift up to and above 50 and 100 pounds, utilizing safe and proper lift techniques and equipment. Individual will rarely be required to sit.
Individual will operate equipment, including but not limited to computers, drafting equipment and instruments involving scientific meters and measuring devices. The ability to distinguish colors is required.
Balchem Cereal Systems requires anyone working in the plant or entering the plant to adhere to the personal protective equipment policies and procedures. All personal protective equipment furnished must be worn by all employees when required or needed to perform proper and safe working conditions.
Individual may rarely be exposed to wet or humid conditions, working near moving mechanical parts, work in extreme heat (non-weather), work in high noise levels and vibration. Individual may also be periodically working in high or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather).
Non-Exempt ($14.00/Hourly) plus shift differential.
Hours:1st Shift- 7AM to 3PM
2nd Shift-3PM to 11PM ($1 Shift Pay)
3rd Shift- 11PM to 7AM ($1.50 Shift Pay)
- Shift Differential
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan Insurance after 1st Month
- 401(k) with 6% employer match after 60 days
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Floating, 9 Company Holidays, Sick)
- Uniforms Provided
- Safety Shoes Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years (must be work related)
- Fitness Reimbursement Plan up to a maximum of $375 per benefit plan year (1/1-12/31)
- Free Cereal