Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
The key role of an Accounts Receivable Specialist is to ensure the company receives payments for goods and services and records these transactions accordingly. Duties will include securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts and resolving any discrepancies. This role requires the candidate to be organized and have a keen eye for detail to spot any issues that may arise.
- Process customer payments for all legal entities - checks, wire transfer, credit card and Post payments to proper accounts by invoice numbers
- Conduct research for customer inquiries, invoices relating to credit/debit memos or payment application
- Initiate credit review process, assess credit terms, limits and process credit applications for new accounts
- Follow-up on past due accounts with collection letters and calls to customers
- Meet with the Sales teams to review aged receivables as required
- Work with A/R team and Supervisor to review system requirements and enhancements as required
- Process daily customer invoicing
- Crosstrain on all legal entity specialty requirements
- Experience/Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred along with two to three years accounts receivable experience and/or training
- Customer service experience a plus
- Ability to apply instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Gather and analyze information; respond promptly to customer needs
- Capable of prioritizing and planning work activities; using time efficiently; demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to monitor own work to ensure quality. Attention to Detail is a must.
- The ability to communicate effectively, articulately and professionally with internal and external customers ( Verbal and Written)
- Foster brand awareness and goodwill
- Microsoft Office, Intermediate level Excel skills required (Pivots, VLOOKUP)
- Microsoft Dynamics (D365) a Plus
- Familiar with D&B for credit analysis
- Some accounting knowledge is a plus
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.