See all jobs in Memphis TN
Job Location: Memphis, TN
Location: Memphis, TN, US
Leads and directs an integrated, comprehensive, and proactive Patient & Family Centered Care program for Le Bonheur and is responsible for administration and oversight of the Volunteer and Family Support department. Promotes a comprehensive culture of PFCC, volunteer service and family support resources at Le Bonheur. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
This Director position will directand guidestrategic planning for all staff and operations within the Volunteer and Family Support department and have responsible for strategic development and direction of PFCC efforts at Le Bonheur, including oversight of the hospital's Family Partners Council and planning and execution of ongoing PFCC initiatives and practices. We are searching for a candidate who is well-versed in community engagement efforts to recruit and retain volunteers, community partners, family partners and other key stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, health education, or similar related field.
Must have least five (5) years of direct management responsibility in a clinical setting; or job relevant experience in clinical quality, process improvement, or PFCC in an acute care hospital.
Master's in a clinical healthcare discipline.
Strong preference for specific experience in PFCC.
- Displays passion for serving patients & families; strongly embraces the concepts of PFCC.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead and motivate individuals and groups toward the accomplishment of assigned tasks and organizational goals.
- Analytical ability to serve in an advisory/consultative role determining or developing strategies, complex written materials, business plans, policies, processes, protocols, and methods.
- Demonstrated aptitude for fostering innovative approaches in a complex system.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with all levels of hospital personnel, to communicate effectively with diverse populations, and for frequent contact with patients and families in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated capability in developing a collaborative approach to achieve organizational goals. Must be able to analyze and assess resources appropriate to scope of responsibility and design a course of action consistent with the strategic plan.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, & Excel) and experience with database systems.
- Ability to work independently, exercise appropriate action and good business judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, organize tasks, and maintain control of work flow.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and oversees all staff and operations within the Volunteer and Family Support department in alignment with departmental, facility and MLH goals and objectives.
- Provides strong leadership to foster and promote a comprehensive culture of PFCC throughout the assigned facility(s). Acts as a change agent and exemplary leader for creating and spreading a uniform approach across the facility.
- Oversees development and administration of programs and systems for volunteer training, placement, retention and recognition.
- Responsible for the strategic development and direction of a comprehensive program designed to support facility-wide improvement in delivering patient care under the PFCC model.
- Leads planning, execution, integration and implementation of PFCC initiatives and activities for the facility.
- Serves as an internal resource and subject matter expert on PFCC.
- Understands the needs of the organization and has the ability to determine situations in which volunteers, family partners and community groups can meet organizational needs.
- Works with MLH leaders and families to solve complex problems and issues concerning their care and experience.
- Leads the development and coordination of patient and family advisors, partners, and committees to effectively build partnerships among health care providers, patients, and their families.
- Serves as liaison between senior leadership, medical staff, and Family Partner Council to inspire, build confidence, forge alliances, and garner support.
- Develops partnerships and affiliations with various external providers and organizations to optimize and promote PFCC and volunteer service opportunities.
- Develops, implements, and monitors partner satisfaction assessments.
- Represents PFCC program and volunteer and family support efforts to national, state, and community agencies and organizations.
DIGNITITY AND RESPECT
- Engage health care practitioners in trainings to listen and honor patient and family perspectives and choices.
- Facilitate patient and family knowledge, values, beliefs, and cultural backgrounds into planning and delivery of care.
- Collects, evaluates, and tracks trends to monitor progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Performs on-going assessments to identify needs in education, training, programs, and services.
- Reports complaint and grievance data to quality committees or as directed.
- Prepares and submits reports to senior management on program operation, recommended changes, and goal attainment.
- Monitors adherence to applicable laws, regulations, and accreditation requirements.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work - exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.