See all jobs in Memphis TN
Job Location: Memphis, TN
Location: Memphis, TN, US
You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the O&M building site by investigating and resolving complex problems related to cooling, heating, and pressure flow. You will model appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Education/Formal Training Work Experience Credential/Licensure REQUIRED: High School graduate or equivalent Minimum of five years experience in operational/maintenance high-pressure steam plant environment.
The following licenses are required:
PREFERRED: N/A N/A
- First Class Steam
- First Class Refrigeration
- Valid Driver's License
First Class Proficiency Contractor's License
EPA Universal Certification
- You must pass a DOT background check.
- You must possess a high degree of skill and proficiency in all areas of general physical plant engineering operations and maintenance in the technical fields involved, which may be acquired through on-the-job training, supplemented by educational and vocational courses, or related experience.
- You must be knowledgeable of system operations, including emergency procedures. You must be knowledgeable in electrical, electronics, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, computerized monitoring and control systems, and other specialized equipment or control systems common to plant operations. You must be knowledgeable of emergency procedures.
- You must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be able to work without close supervision and to exercise independent judgment.
- You must be able to organize and maintain control of work-flow.
Key Job Responsibilities
- You will analyze results from testing and treatment of all mechanical and generating equipment.
- You will repair, adjust, and calibrate electrical and electronic control systems, electrical power distribution equipment, computer systems, pneumatic, hydraulic, refrigeration and steam systems.
- You will diagnose trouble calls and determine appropriate action to be taken.
- You will updates procedures to reflect changes in codes and regulations.
- You will be exposed to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- You must be able to react quickly to emergency situations.
- You will have occasional travel outside of the hospital.
- You will be subject to noise: there will occasionally be sufficient noise to cause you to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- You will be subject to hazards, which includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- You may be required to climb, push, stand, hear, walk, reach, grasp, kneel, stoop, and use repetitive motions.
- You must have good balance and coordination.
- You will be required to have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, transcribe, view a computer terminal, or read extensively.
- You will be subject to all environmental conditions: activities occur inside and outside.