See all jobs in Memphis TN
Job Location: Memphis, TN
Location: Memphis, TN, US
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Responsible for the nursing care of patients requiring specialized judgment and skill. This judgment and skill is based on knowledge of the natural, behavioral and nursing sciences and humanities as the basis for application of the nursing process in wellness and illness care. The RN works throughout the hospital(s), floating to a variety of nursing units to assist in staffing clinical nursing positions, and is available for assignment on an ad hoc basis. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Bachelor's degree or higher in nursing from an accredited program
At least two (2) years' recent nursing experience in acute care.
Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and modality specific competencies for care of the patient population served.
Licensed to practice as a professional nurse in the state(s) where work is performed, or compact license.
Effective June 1, 2018: All new hires and transfers are required to have BLS certification.
Additional certifications may be required based on area of assignment (such as ACLS, PALS)
- Available to work a flexible schedule according to agreed commitment level.
- Must be able to travel independently to assigned locations.
- Applies nursing knowledge and skills, and maintains clinical competencies as required to float to various nursing units.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess complex patient conditions effectively and to develop comprehensive plans of care.
- Synthesizes multiple sources of information to assist in the resolution of human responses to complex problems.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques, which are central to the nursing profession.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides Practice Excellence through specialized nursing assessment, care, evaluation and education to patients and families in assigned units throughout the hospital(s).
- Promotes evidence-based practice by using research to develop, implement and evaluate process standards, such as plans of care, protocols and guidelines.
- Provides Leadership Excellence in clinical practice area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Learning Excellence through professional development and clinical expertise.
- Demonstrates Role Clarity through professional competence, expertise, and knowledge, and supports the nursing profession through role modeling and fostering an environment of growth and learning.
- Promotes Cultural Excellence with recognition and appreciation for cultural, ethnic, and generational diversity.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work shifts according to agreed commitment level.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work - exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.