Position reports to: SVP of Sales
Assigned Geography: Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado
Desired Home Location: Austin or Dallas TX
World Centric is a highly mission driven company that seeks to have a meaningful impact on people and planet through our compostable products and the donation of 25% of profits to the most vulnerable in the world. World Centric aims to build a strong team with diverse backgrounds and experience, with the common vision of making a positive impact on people and planet. If you meet some, but not all of the requirements, we urge you to apply anyway. For more information on working and life at World Centric, please visit our website.
About the Role
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible to profitably grow product sales in their assigned geography by selling large, strategic end user accounts, national and regional chains, and manage all distributor and broker activities. This includes executing the business plan as provided by senior leadership, setting sales targets, and managing all applicable cost lines.
The role requires owning the operator; identifying high value targets, penetrating to access key decision makers, making effective oral and written presentations, establishing rapport, building effective relationships, and closing the sale with operator segments to include Colleges & Universities (C&U), Quick Serve Restaurants chains (QSR), Fast Casual Restaurant chains (FCR), Healthcare, Business and Industry (B&I), and Lodging. To be successful in this role, we believe that a passion and commitment to making a positive environmental and social change in the world is required.
Deliver on the company's strategic plans, build individual region plans for execution
Conduct direct sales calls with distributor and operators. Supporting broker sales efforts where applicable
Grow product sales across multiple category segments within the foodservice channel, identify and develop new end user accounts and distribution points.
Retain and grow existing accounts, maintaining excellent levels of communication and service
Work with the internal supply chain team to ensure accurate forecasting of new business sold.
Use internal processes/NetSuite system to enter leads, opportunities, advance through stage gate.
Monitor and keep abreast on market conditions and events, customers issues and competitive intelligence
Attend events & trade-shows, customer related meetings and give presentations.
Work well with other World Centric Sales Managers & Internal Operational Teams
- Minimum 5 years' experience with demonstrated success in sales. Experience in the foodservice industry with distributors and working with end user accounts. Experience in disposables/packaging a plus.
- Proven experience developing strong customer relationships
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to navigate complex, high pressure situations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to be detailed, concise and thorough.
- Ability to work independently, yet be collaborative and engaged with departments at home office
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and sales skills
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Experience using CRM to drive business and create visibility into opportunities.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Zoom, and other basic office software required
This position is expected to be out in the field as much as practical, up to 2-3 overnights/wk is possible. We reimburse mileage for use of personal vehicle. Valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required. The role covers the region but should be located in either Austin or Dallas.