* $1,000 sign on bonus *
* $1,000 referral bonuses *
United Gear and Assembly, Inc. is a premier manufacturer and supplier of precision gears, shafts, and related assemblies to various global OEMs in construction, agriculture, transportation, automotive, defense, and other industries. Based out of Hudson, WI, we are vertically integrated with a broad range of capabilities encompassing Engineering, Manufacturing, Full Heat Treating and Assembly. With a reputation built on satisfying quality requirements, narrow shipping windows, responsiveness to customers needs and a competitive position in the global market, UGA has become a world-class supplier to the industry. United Gear & Assembly is ISO/TS16929:2009 registered and we combine our engineering expertise, industry and application knowledge with design and process collaboration, to bring our customers high quality, cost effective solutions, delivered on time.
United Gear & Assembly offers a generous benefits program, which includes; health, HRA, FSA, vision and dental insurance, 401k program with 4% company contribution, company paid short term disability and life insurance with additional elective life insurance available, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays and a profit sharing plan.
- Sets up and operates horizontal multi axis lathes to perform machining operations such as turning, boring, facing and/or threading of parts.
- Review blueprints, job breakdown sheets and QC documents of part to determine the machine settings, specifications, fixtures, and tools necessary to produce the part.
- Selects and installs tooling or preset tooling in tool posts, turret, arbors or indexing heads and tool magazine in sequence as defined on job breakdown sheets.
- Mounts work piece between centers, on arbor, on a chuck or to a faceplate manually or using a hoist.
- Observes numerical displays on control panel and compares to process sheets to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates and speeds of machining cuts.
- Adjusts and directs flow of coolant against tooling and work piece.
- Inspects first run piece and spot checks succeeding pieces to conformance to specifications, using inspection equipments as specified on QC documents.
- Inspects first run piece and spot checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications, using specified measuring instructions and QC documentation.
- Studies job packet and organizes materials for next run for the purpose of shortening changeover time.
- May set tools before positioning them in machine, using precision gauges and instruments.
- May setup and operate another machine tool during machining cycles.
- Preform preventive maintenance on machine and maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Complete Daily Operator Checklist at the beginning of each shift or when moving to new area.
- Additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Intermediate reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent, or a 2-degree program.
Two to five years experience with Gear Cutting, Hobb and Lathe equipment in a manufacturing environment.
Computer literate with the ability to learn and work statistical and manufacturing software applications. Duties require verbal and written communication skills.
Keywords: Lathe, Horizontal Turning, Turning, Machinist, CNC Machinist, Setup
Weekend shift. Friday through Sunday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.