See all jobs in Mukilteo WA
Job Location: Mukilteo, WA
Essential Job Functions:
1. Review job estimate and prepare project budgets.
2. Estimate and negotiate change orders
3. Prepare/ review submittals
4. Track, forecast, report labor hours and material costs
5. Buyout major equipment and subcontracts
6. Expedite and track deliveries of major equipment/materials
7. Maintain working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of project contract/subcontract
8. Maintain and control documents in compliance with UMC Standards as well as contractual compliance
9. Supervise Project Engineers
10. Collaborate with field labor supervision to plan, organize and schedule project work including preparation of subcontract/contract integrated project schedule
11. Review contract drawings, detail drawings and specifications
12. Ensure full compliance with UMC Safety Program at the jobsite
13. Adhere to UMC AIM processes
14. Provide proactive, clear and timely communication to team members
15. Be professional and uphold UMC Core Values
16. Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee's essential job functions.
Secondary Job Functions:
1. Assist in the bid process and the procurement of new work
2. Develop and maintain client relations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
Skills Required to Perform the Essential Duties of the Job:
1. Ability to accurately estimate mechanical work
2. Ability to lead and foster positive working environment
3. Ability to understand and communicate basic mechanical concepts
4. Advanced organizational and time management skills
5. Attention to detail - errors & mistakes can result in significant financial losses
6. Strong written and oral communication skills
7. Strong work ethic - results driven
8. Ability to multi-task job responsibilities
9. Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Access, and AutoCAD, Front Desk, Blue Beam, Smartsheet, and Viewpoint
Supervise Project Engineers and project administration.
Education/ Experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Duties of the Job:
1. A minimum of five years experience as a mechanical project manager
2. Construction Management or Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering degree desired
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required: Maintain a valid Drivers License and satisfactory driving record.
UMC's policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy is not tolerated. UMC is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. Affirmative action plans are developed annually to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor to the United States government.