Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer the primary purpose of the IT Project Manager is to implement and maintain a governance framework and a project portfolio that enable the IT area to deliver intended solutions on time, on budget, within scope and in alignment with the business strategy and priorities. This role will ensure predictable, consistent, and successful delivery, managing or executing multiple simultaneous projects of varying complexity. Excellent communication, collaboration, ownership, and coordination are essential skills for success.
- Establish, document, build and implement a flexible project lifecycle according to the company's needs and the CIO vision
- Enable real-time visibility of all the IT initiatives in a comprehensive project portfolio.
- Create and deploy a model to effectively understand the availability and schedule of resources.
- Document, configure, streamline and automate processes and workflows.
- Research and implement PMO standards and industry best practices adapting them to the company's size and needs.
- The project manager may be assigned to a complete ERP rollout or to multiple smaller projects to be accomplished at the same time.
- Develop full-scale project plans, associated documents, project scope, milestones, deliverables, dependencies and critical path in collaboration with the other IT members and stakeholders.
- Effectively set, communicate, and continually manage project expectations with stakeholders in a clear and timely manner.
- Liaise with project stakeholders or other IT members becoming a resource and help for success.
- Manage budget or vendor relationship as assigned.
- Participate in consultants or staff recruitment process if needed.
- Identify, manage, mitigate, or resolve issues, conflicts, or risks within projects.
- Schedule and track project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate PPM tools.
- Deliver status reports, RFPs, requirements documentation, diagrams and presentations.
- Define project success criteria to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Create system models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Manage, own, implement, configure, or improve the PPM tools adopted by the company.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end user reviews, for modified and new systems, or other post-implementations support.
- Provide orientation, training sessions or generate documentation for end users when required.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Project may entail on site presence in different locations from 4-6 months.
- Work with the teams to document ERP or other systems best practices and tips.
- Complete gap analysis or readiness assessments for new or existing platforms
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical/business field.
- Five (5) years of experience in a direct project management role managing mid to large size projects from beginning to end.
- Experience developing and implementing project management concept, artifacts, and methods from scratch.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently. Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Adept to project and change management.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Excellent written, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate technical ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly motivated, creative thinker and self-directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Certifications in Project Management a plus.
- Strong familiarity with project management software such as Microsoft Project, JIRA, Monday.com.