The Product Manager's primary role is to develop, implement and maintain the global maximatecc product and business strategies for gauge, cluster, and displays. Responsibilities include market and competitive analysis, pricing and margin management, new product development, life cycle management, commercialization, go-to-market strategies, project management, sales support, product roadmaps and long term growth of the product line. This position works very closely with all functional departments to support opportunity pursuit and product development.
- Develop and recommend product roadmap plans used to develop global strategic goals. This is accomplished through
- Conducting market studies, including VOC to understand new/adjacent market opportunities and assess viability
- Integrating market product position (feature, benefit, value) for support of product design definitions.
- Validating value propositions to differentiate product lines
- Analyzing competitive landscape threats, opportunities and market and technology trends
- Analyzing new product concept viability including sales volume, price, cost, margin and profit potential
- Direct the implementation of the global product line strategic plan to prioritize and maximize company and product line profitability and investments.
- Develop new product business case and required documents
- Direct Go-to-Market strategies for assigned new projects. This includes working with marketing on collateral development.
- Pricing analytics that meet regional market needs while supporting strategic portfolio offerings and company goals.
- Manage the Engineer Service Request (ESR Process) PM gateway process. This includes coordinating activities to ensure completion of the quoting process.
- Supports sales team on preparing written customer proposals.
- BS/BA degree in Business or Engineering or relative technical field or equivalent previous experience.
- 5+ years within product management. Experience within the mobile off-highway industry required.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and internationally (= 25%)
- Comprehensive knowledge of products and their applications as it relates to instrumentation & displays in preferably in mobile off highway products (e.g., Construction equipment) and applications. This includes hardware and software development applications.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Applications required.