The Sourcing Engineer main responsibility will be to lead efforts in exploring, initiating, developing, and validating opportunities in quality improvements and cost savings and other sourcing related opportunities. The individual in this role will act as the technical interface between suppliers and manufacturing engineers to determine new and alternate sources developing and implementing commodity/supply chain responsibilities that significantly contributes to year over year sales growth and operational improvement through best value sourcing. Support the development of commodity strategies, commodity/industry expertise, lead supplier negotiations/management and productivity improvement.
- Partner management engage with sourcing commodity managers to identify sourcing opportunities, develop and execute negotiations.
- Use project management skills and tools to investigate alternate component technologies for reduced cost or improved quality and reliability and implement changes.
- With particular focus on Raw Material categories including castings, forging, plastics, machining review supplier's processes and identify improvement opportunities in processes and systems at supplier locations to improve quality, cost and flow of supplied materials throughout the entire supply chain.
- Maintain project monitors and timelines as required for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with Category Management to align with key initiatives and strategies globally.
- Source products and services, assist supplier audits, negotiate tooling and pricing, write contracts, perform value analysis to ensure supplier contract and timeline compliance.
- Designing risk mitigation plan
- Conducting project review and creating detailed reports for executive staff
- Create synergies between Quality, Engineering, Operations and suppliers to assess and ensure supplier capability to meet established performance objectives including Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business field
- Minimum Three (3) years' experience in the sourcing of raw materials, manufactured components, mechanical equipment, services and purchased complete items
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Fourth Shift, Oracle) is required
- Experience in driving material cost down, (experience with cost down enablers; Developing and executing cost-down initiatives)
- Knowledge/experience with:
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred.
- Manufacturing processes, metal cutting, plastic injection molding, metal fabrication, Castings, Forgings
- Proficiency reading engineering drawings and specifications
- Lean experience and techniques
- Quality Management Systems, ISO and 6-sigma disciplines, training and experience, preferred
- Demonstrated experience in global and comprehensive supplier relationships and advanced negotiation techniques
- Understanding of project management (experience preferred)
- Data analysis, problem solving and reporting
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective supplier relationships
- Functional understanding, awareness and application of negotiations, Supply Chain, sourcing, contracts and supplier management principles
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Highly organized self-starter
- Good interpersonal, project management and presentation skills with the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas and summarize complex issue
- Experience working in global supply environment and with international suppliers or colleagues