Senior Contracts Administrator
Intelligent Waves, a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Fed/DoD Contractor, has an outstanding new opportunity for a Senior Contracts Administrator out of our Corporate office in Reston, VA.
We are recruiting for an experienced Contract Administrator with full understanding of Federal Government contracting. The Senior Contracts Administrator is integral member of the Contracts & Pricing Business Unit providing Contract Lifecycle Management.
Telework is available with approvals for eligible employees.
Tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drafts Contracts, Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, TAs, MSAs and other related agreements using established templates and manages communications and approvals
- Supports contract and subcontract agreement negotiations.
- Ensures timely processing of contract and subcontract negotiations for fair and reasonable pricing as well as terms and conditions.
- Provides advice and interpretation of contract and subcontract requirements and generates reports for stakeholders as required.
- Ensures compliance with FAR/DFAR requirements.
- Manages the contracts and subcontracts throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Serves as the liaison/facilitator between the program teams and the client regarding contracting issues, escalating potential issues to leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with processes and procedures.
- Reviews and/or drafts price/business proposal volume for proposal responses
- Ensures proactive contract management of all contracts and subcontracts
- Updates various reports and tracking in Share Point
- Participates in and/or manages special projects.
- Bachelor's degree plus 7-10 years of cradle-to-grave contract administration experience in the US Government Contractor environment. Five (5) additional years of related experience will substitute for a bachelor's degree.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and processes involved in contract and subcontract administration.
- Working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing contracts and subcontracts, including FAR, DFAR, CPSR, accounting practices, and export/import regulations.
- Proficient using MS Office products
- Experience developing and/or implementing the procedures for the implementation or maintenance of accounting system modules (i.e., Deltek, Unanet or equivalent system).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as legal documents, contracts, subcontracts, PO's, statements of work, and requests for proposal.
- Ability to negotiate agreements independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with partners.
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information to Contracts Business Unit leadership.
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically with financial and business acumen skills.
- Experience in identifying risks in RFPs and subcontracts terms and conditions and facilitates the mitigation of the identified risks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Self-starter, comfortable working independently, without day-to-day direction.
- Commercial contracting experience a plus
Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- The flexibility to work occasional emergency support hours on weekends or holidays, as required.
- Work well as a member of a team
- Must have strong initiative and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated requiring limited supervision with excellent time management skills