Mission: We serve great tasting BBQ in a friendly way that keeps 'em coming back.
Do you like meat? Do you find yourself saying hello to strangers on the street? Have you always played well with others? Have you ever been called responsible? If you said yes to these questions, then you're just who we're looking for.
At Smokey Mo's BBQ, we're always looking to add hard-working, polite, friendly carnivores to add to the Team. We take a lot of pride in the top-notch BBQ we serve and our warm, welcoming atmosphere. Sounds easy, right? Nope! It takes a whole bunch of the right people. People who value teamwork, and have the willingness to learn new things. Oh, and knife skills, but we can teach you about that.
So, what's in it for you? How about great pay, flexible schedules, team member discounts, benefits and every opportunity for advancement? We mean real advancement--like to management positions and beyond if you've got what it takes. In the meantime, you'll get to be part of our great team in our fun, energetic and sometimes, insanely busy environment.
- Interact with Guests and always create a positive experience for them
- This is Texas y'all! We treat all of our guests with warm, southern hospitality
- Take Guest orders accurately
- This is not a no brainer! Order accuracy is everything. You'll need to get it right or, once in a while make it right
- Properly follow cash handling procedures
- Prepare Sides and Condiments
- Be able to follow Smokey Mo's recipes accurately, efficiently and with a minimum of waste
- Maintain proper food handling, safety, sanitation and COVID standards
- Maintain proper portion controls
- Keep your station and the restaurant clean
- Clean as you go! Keep your station and area cleaned throughout the day
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning duties according to Smokey Mo's instructions and standards
- Be part of the Team!
- We all need help sometimes. As part of the team, we're all responsible for making Smokey Mo's a success. That means we help each other, knowing they will help us when we need it.
- You will be asked to help other positions and areas depending on the needs for that day
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Attend shifts according to schedule and in proper uniform
- Able to stand for 8 hours
- Able to reach, bend, squat, stoop, shake, carry, push and lift items throughout the shift
- Be able to follow instructions and perform duties accurately and efficiently
- Good hearing for accurate communication