The Lead Estimator will provide support and communicate with customers, subcontractors and Embree project managers, along with other employees and departments regarding proposal, specifications, and special conditions.
- Turnkey bidding of projects
- Estimating process development and maintenance, and automation of estimating processes
- Performing detailed quantity takeoffs of projects, including pricing
- Vendor solicitation - We rely extensively on Subcontractor/Supplier pricing and proposals, thus, vendor solicitation is essential.
- Finding subcontractors in markets where we may not have relationships
- Maintenance of vendor database
- Maintaining a successful relationship with existing, future and past clients
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Reading architectural & MEP plans and specs, digitizing, electronic file management, scheduling
- Experience with commercial/retail projects and estimating small to medium projects
- Production estimating environment experience is preferred
- Must be current in estimating technology and proficient in time management, productivity and accuracy
- Excellent people management skills
- Willing to perform the work and lead by example as a team player
Education and Experience:
- 2 - 5 years experience as an estimator in retail and light commercial construction
- Previous vendor solicitation experience
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.