Multiple Positions Available!
Position purpose: The Care Manager is responsible for coordinating screening and providing the intervention of patients with identified complex chronic care needs. The care manager acts as a connector between patient needs and the resources provided by the care management program. This position provides guidance and leadership through the care management program to Esperanza's care teams and ensures patients receive the best possible care.
Corporate Philosophy: It is the obligation of each employee of Esperanza Health Centers to abide by and promote the missions and values of the Health Center to ensure that excellent services are delivered with compassion.
To deliver health and hope for Chicago's underserved communities.
Bringing compassion, respect and understanding to all those we serve.
Striving for excellence and innovation in every aspect of our work.
Building a shared sense of community where every person feels welcome and at home.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, tracks and manages care for the highest risk patients using the electronic medical record and other health information platforms
- Conducts initial care coordination screening eligibility and performs comprehensive risk assessment, either in person or over the phone
- Supports other care managers and primary care teams and they work with the highest risk patients
- Makes home visits and hospital visits, as needed, to perform comprehensive risk assessments and to manage the transition of care between the hospital and the primary care setting. These types of visits are currently paused due to COVID19, and we are monitoring the pandemic regularly to assess when to resume them.
- Assists in the maintenance of the patients' health, wellness and prevention of secondary disease complications by providing education, counseling and support
- Handles protective health information in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
- Other duties as assigned
Esperanza Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) according to Title 44, Ill. Administrative Code, and Subpart C Section 750.150.
- Master's level Behavioral Health (e.g., MSW) and/or Nursing (e.g., BSN or MSN) degree, required
- Current IL licensure as an LSW, LPC or RN, required
- One or more years of experience in disease management or care management, preferred
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend English and Spanish, required
- Displays strong time management and organizational skills in a high intensity work environment.
- Thrives working in a team-based environment
This position has the flexibility to work remotely and onsite, when required by supervisor. The position will require travel to other Esperanza sites and will also have the potential to work some evenings and/or weekends.