Manage daily tasks of the yard by loading trucks, arranging inventory, and building wood pallets. Serve as primary back up driver for deliveries in NH, VT, ME, and MA (day trips only), and drive tanker truck transporting plastic.
- Load incoming trucks and containers with finished products.
- Operate forklift efficiently and safely.
- Build wooden pallets and assemble steel pallets for product storage.
- Inventory management for finished goods, parts, and materials.
- Work closely with logistics/administration regarding incoming trucks to be loaded.
- Back-up full time CDL driver by occasionally making deliveries in NH, VT, ME, and MA.
- Transport raw material from railcar to site by tanker.
- Perform light repairs as needed, such as oil changes and preventative maintenance on tools and equipment for the yard.
- Follow all DOT and Company required Safety Procedures.
- Snow removal.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Carpentry and Mechanical skills
- Ability to drive a forklift.
- Class A CDL with Tanker Endorsement.
- 2-3 years driving experience with safe driving record.
- Ability to operate a manual shift tractor.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, meet deadlines and make affective decisions.
- Good attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Good team player who works well with others.