We are looking to hire Fulltime Sales Associate for our SOMA location:
- Friendly and helpful personality who enjoys working with the public
- Poses a vast knowledge of hardware related products is a plus
The primary responsibilities of the Sales Associate position are to maintain outstanding customer service, generate sales, merchandise products, and support the store management team. At Cole Hardware you are responsible to Create Positive Dinnertime Conversation with every interaction you have. Your job demands that you always operate professionally, with enthusiasm, and goodwill towards our customers and your coworkers. You must be a self-starter, independent individual.
- Ensure customers receive outstanding service which follow the S.A.L.E.S. process and mystery shop standards
- Generate sales and merchandise product
- Be positive and friendly at all times to your coworkers and especially to our customers
- Have a commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Execute the daily operational, day-to-day goals and priorities assigned by store management
- Participate in stocking of new shipments and help the team to keep the receiving and back stock area clean and organized
- Uphold merchandising, inventory, and store cleanliness standards and procedures
- Maintain well-stocked, well-organized department, and back-stock area
- Be responsive of safety issues & be conscious of shoplifting activity
- Solicit customers to open Cole Hardware rewards membership
- Always work hard and smart. There is no slack time at Cole Hardware
- Do whatever it takes to help a customer completely. Never say No!
- Be proactive about learning everything you can about our customers, our products, and our business.
- Assist in training and mentoring of your peers
- Uphold Attendance policies
- Other duties may be assigned
- Strong product knowledge in Hardware related products, gardening, plumbing, electrical, paint, construction, tools, or other hardware-related area required
- Education/Training: High School diploma, some college preferred
- Prior retail experience preferred, not required
- Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS word and other computer systems (computer literate)
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds frequently
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth.