Get Connected! This job is not at JobTarget, but the JobTarget Recruitment Services team is helping our client find a Commercial Loan Officer in Santa Fe, NM. Once you Apply your resume will be reviewed by our team and if you are a match we will reach out to you to disclose the name of the company and connect you with the Hiring Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Commercial Loan Officer is responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Ensure we set customer's up for success in the purchase of their owner occupied real estate.
- Commitment to guiding commercial clients, who are often first time commercial real estate buyers, through the real estate purchase process. Including counseling, mentoring and being sure the client understands the transaction, their business financials and trends.
- Analyze loan requests for primary and secondary sources of repayment and the borrowers' current financial situation including spreading financials and proforma preparation and analysis.
- Underwrite loans according to the company's Commercial Loan Policy guidelines.
- Recommend a loan structure(s) based on customer needs and desires and feasibility based on the loan analysis and underwriting outcomes.
- Present a loan analysis of all pertinent information to Loan Review Committee (LRC) including recommendations of approval/denial for approval/denial by LRC.
- If approved, guide customer through the loan process. Prepare loan documents, coordinate with third parties for appraisals, title insurance and the loan closing.
- Coordinate with internal Underwriting and Closing departments for a successful smooth closing for customer.
- Ensure that proper due diligence has been performed at every step of the process including financial analysis, collateral analysis or any other special circumstance.
- Comply with all applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Mathematics - Strong grasp of mathematics. Crunching numbers and reviewing financial statements are critical to the work of a commercial loan officer
- Customer service - Extremely responsive to internal and external customer requests, exceeding customers' expectations; Abides by the company's Customer Service Standards
- Listening skills - Listens to understand others' viewpoints; Anticipates customer needs and offers innovative solutions
- Communication skills - Able to clearly present issues, both orally and in writing
- Flexibility and adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; Copes effectively with complexity and change
- Computer skills - Competence in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Windows and other software applications as appropriate including familiarity with Loan Origination Systems
- Work independently - Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- High standards; Expect personal performance to be nothing short of the best
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business or a related field or related experience
- Minimum of two years' experience in commercial lending
- In-depth knowledge of loan regulations and lending procedures
- Extensive experience in reviewing financial information
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and/or weekends on occasion
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required; This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to maneuver around various client business offices and workspaces