Who We Are: Point Quest is a community of life-long learners who respect the individual needs of our students. Point Quest believes that everyone deserves to learn in a safe, caring and supportive environment fostered by integrity and positive relationships with students and staff. High expectations for success are sought through appropriate instruction and intervention, which allows for individual differences and learning styles.
Why Should you Apply?
Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
401(k) with a company match
Vacation for full-time employees
Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Human Resources/Recruiting Coordinator is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations in accordance with the recruiting and onboarding processes.
- Provide administrative support for HR Director and CFO
- Assists with internal HR and Recruiting communications
- Establish ongoing communication with the Director of HR regarding all personnel changes
- Data entry of employee transactions into ADP software system
- Assist managers in carrying out HR policies and practices
- Answer general employee questions regarding employment policies and benefits
- Maintains electronic files, I-9s, compliance posters, and other HR-related documents or communication for all sites and offices to ensure compliance
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
- Manages Applicant Tracking System in ADP:
- Opens and updates new requisitions
- Pre-screens employment applications and resumes to evaluate candidate eligibility
- Phone Screening and Interview Scheduling
- Dispositions candidates send rejection emails if applicable
- Responsible for the new employee onboarding process:
- Generates offer letters and new hire paperwork
- Ensure Background, TB Tests, and reference checks are completed
- Coordinates with IT and/or hiring manager for new hire set-up
- Oversees new hire data entry in ADP/WFN to ensure data entry accuracy
- Communicates updates on new hire status with Program Supervisors
- Post openings to various job boards, EdJoin, PQ Careers Site, etc.
- Communicate professionally and tactfully, treating all candidates with the highest level of confidentiality and customer service
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
OBJECTIVES OR GOALS TO MEASURE PERFORMANCE:
- Adherence to Company policies and procedures
- Accurate work product
- Timeliness in completing assignments
- Positive team attitude
- Taking initiative in unassigned tasks
- Staff development and training
- Improved personal professional growth and education
- Demonstration of good decision making
- Positive customer service attitude and communications
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma, equivalent or two-year degree plus minimum 2-3 years administrative (including some human resources and recruiting experience) or equivalent combinations of training and experience
- HR Professional Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of standard business practices and procedures, including basic HR practices
- Basic knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and Human Resource policies and procedures
- Must be a natural troubleshooter and demonstrate proactivity when issues arise.
- Tech-savvy, comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools, keeping abreast of advances in technology and social media.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, and possess excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Consistently maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Able to function well autonomously and as a team member
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving ability and proven accuracy with detailed information
- Proficient written and verbal English language communication skills, including business writing and professional telephone manner
- Reliability, dependability, and flexibility
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional exposure to dust and fumes
- Requires frequent reaching, handling, sitting, standing, walking, hearing, and talking
- Occasional stooping/bending/crouching, carrying and lifting 20 or more lbs.
- The noise intensity level is moderate
*This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
PQI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.