See all jobs in Jacksonville FL
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technician/Clinical Unlicensed
System ID: 14179
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Medical Assistant is responsible for the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. The position performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and according to any Nursing Assistant certification board. The position will provide supportive care to meet the needs of individual patients and in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Comply with the SCA and facility policy and procedures.
- Function as an assistive person by
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects and chemical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal sources
- Demonstrating safe operation of equipment machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient's advocate
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and procedures
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal protective equipment
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from infection
- Assembling supplies and equipment;
- Assuming an active role in assisting patient with care needs;
- Proactively optimizes opportunities to enhance flow and efficiency of the center;
- Orienting patient to environment;
- Maintaining patient normothermia;
- Assisting with patient transfers;
- Assisting throughout the facility in environmental cleaning;
- Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care within legal standards of practice.
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation and time-out policy.
- Notify the RN any observed changes in patient's status and responses.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate, concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to care.
- Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and legibly.
- Monitor vital signs and recognize emergencies and notify RN.
- Clean and prepare equipment according to manufacturer's instructions for use.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with members of the team and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in patient care.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement projects.
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures, regulatory and accreditation standards and professional guidelines when providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily safety huddles.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- One year of Medical Assistant / Nursing Assistant/ Patient Care Tech experience preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant (MA)/Nursing Assistant (CNA)/Patient Care (PCT) preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BCLS certification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.