See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7435
We are seeking a talented Business Analyst III to be responsible for identifying the tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand business process, structure, policies, and operations of the organization with the goal of helping deliver new and enhanced processes, products, and services. Assist in formulating recommendations that enable the organization or business unit achieve its goals. Person will have expert knowledge of one, or multiple areas, of CO-OP IT infrastructure, its products and or services.
- This position is temporarily-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. However, once we transition back into the office, the manager would prefer for this person to work in the physical office.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Business requirements and scope development - 50%
- Uses methods of elicitation to identify and understand our stakeholders needs, concerns and understand the environment in which they work with a focus on moderate to complex projects. (Elicitation)
- Responsible for the development of moderate to complex business, technical, scope and requirements documentation for CO-OP applications, systems, databases, and reporting. (Requirements Gathering)
- Responsible for prioritizing and refining requirements in a way that meets the needs of the organization and its clients in a timely manner. (Requirements Analysis)
- Provide leadership in the evaluation of proposed solutions, ensure initial unit testing of all changes is completed, and further asses the deployed solution to ensure delivered results meet the needs of the business and or client. (Solution Assessment and Validation)
- Helps guide and train less tenured Business Analysts in the areas of elicitation, requirements gathering, requirements analysis and solution assessment and validation.
- Follow all CO-OP change management processes and help ensure less tenured Business Analyst understand and follow this process.
- Responsible for helping define estimate, scope and requirements templates for use by other Business Analysts and helping ensure those templates are used across all projects.
- Documents and designs solutions in such a way that exceeds regulatory requirements. Security is a critical design requirement and data, systems, and applications must be protected at all points of the development lifecycle.
- Coordinate projects and delivery proper documentation - 25%
- Communicate effectively, consistently and iteratively with internal business partners and clients to ensure the understanding of appropriate business processes, requirements, and project timelines.
- Ensure the development of all project scope and requirement documents are completed and signed off on by internal business partners and clients. Use an iterative approach involving business and clients to ensure needs and requirements are well defined.
- Ensure involvement of project team members in the development of project estimates and that those estimates are delivered to our business partners and clients in a timely manner.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships - 15%
- Develop working relationships with internal business partners and project team members.
- Develop knowledge of internal and external partner business and processes.
- Build trust with our partners in our knowledge and delivery of technology.
- Communicate effectively to other project team members and internal business partners as required.
- Actively support CO-OP's strategic future, culture and leadership practices - 5%
- Proactively pursues development opportunities and shows expected progress on learning plan - 5%
- Identifies development opportunities and works with manager to establish learning focus and learning plan.
- Embraces our culture of growth, change and continuous learning.
- Mentors and coaches for the development of less tenured Business Analysts.
- Analyzes business scenarios and identifies opportunities for technically innovative solutions and improvements.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations and feedback loops.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related major, or comparable work experience.
- Five to Eight years' experience serving as key liaison to other departments that have specific business functions.
- Five to Eight years' experience collaborating with departments to identify, document and communicate business needs and provide IT solutions.
- Five to Eight years' experience planning, elicit, capture, analyze and validate business, functional and technical requirements.
- Five to Eight years' experience facilitating requirements elicitation sessions and walkthroughs with business and IT resources.
- Five to Eight years' experience performing current state analysis of existing business systems, applications and functions.
- Five to Eight years' experience producing timely and high quality requirements-related work products, including requirement specifications, process flows, mock-ups and wireframes.
- Five to Eight years' experience answering questions and clarify requirements for projects and enhancements during the project and product development process.
- Five to Eight years' experience coordinating tactical-related business requests for IT development enhancements.
- Five to Eight years' experience understanding the relationships, dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- Five to Eight years' experience documenting, analyze and assess current business processes and underlying systems / applications.
- Five to Eight years' experience collaborating with other departments and IT to develop business cases associated with new project requests.
- Five to Eight years' combined experience with both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies.
- 5+ years' effective planning, scheduling, coordinating medium to large projects, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting projects would be highly beneficial.
- SQL querying abilities are a plus
- Understand core systems, applications and technical platforms.
- Strong understanding of concepts of project planning and project management techniques to assist in small projects and/or group initiatives.
- Working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms, including legacy midrange, client / server and web services.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.