Founded in 1987, Happy Floors is one of the nation's leading importer and distributor of premium ceramic flooring products and accessories. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, Happy Floors serves retail clients across the continental US.
Our long-term success is due to our close-knit team of dedicated professionals. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a rewarding work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, and competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits. If this sounds intriguing to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Happy Floors
The inventory clerk maintains inventory records, training less experienced clerks, and prepares balance and shortages reports.
- Performs physical count of inventory and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports
- Organize and maintain product locations (bins), re-stock items as necessary; labels shelves
- Ensuring that all merchandise is safely and securely strapped
- Reporting of damaged product and hazardous situations
- Disposal of products correctly and efficiently
- Other warehouse tasks may be assigned
No travel Requirement
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
- Exceptional math and analytical skills
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Adheres to multi-temperature regulations
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- 2+ years of experience in warehouse/inventory control
- Must be able to speak and comprehend English
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software
- Must be forklift certified
- Must be able to lift boxes or packages of up to 70 pounds consistently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. While performing the duties of this job, warehouse order pullers frequently stand, walk, bend, squat, twist, reach with hands and arms, frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds, in multi-temperature environments. Some work stress inherent to the position and extended work hours may be required.
Work environment will be in warehouse and temperatures depending on weather may be cold, hot, humid, wet, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not indented to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified. The reporting relationship may not reflect the most recent changes to the corporate reporting structure.
Happy Floors is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We are a Drug-Free workplace.