Position: Collections Specialist
Salary: $17.00 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
A well-established distribution company is looking for a Collections Specialist to be responsible for maintaining assigned accounts within designated credit terms/limit, work on getting all past due accounts back on track to their designated terms, promptly identify and escalate accounts that are trending negative quickly, and/or non-responsive, and perform collection efforts such as calling, emailing, faxing on due or past due invoices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We have excellent benefits which include:
- Review and analyze customers' A/R aging reports to identify past due accounts.
- Contact customers regarding their past-due A/R balance, NSF checks, and short payments.
- Communicate with drivers when COD payments are not available at the time of delivery and find the best resolution.
- Document thoroughly all contacts with customers via phone calls, emails, and text messages.
- Work directly with the Customer Service Department and Sales Representatives on accounts on hold and those accounts that have pending orders to ship.
- Serve as liaison between the Accounts Receivable Department and our customers regarding the application of payments, credit memos, and account reconciliation matters.
- Escalate to Credit Manager accounts that must be placed on credit hold.
- Recommend appropriate changes to customers' credit limits, payment terms, and payment plans.
- Determine when internal collection efforts are no longer effective and recommend to the Credit Manager assigning these accounts to third-party collections.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance partially sponsored by the company.
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance.
- 401K program with company matching.
- Paid Holidays.
- PTO and Vacation.
1-3 years related experience and/or training in collections.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must demonstrate strong time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both English and Spanish.
- Strong planning, organizational, and execution skills.
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines.
- Must provide excellent customer service and display a professional attitude to both external and internal customers.
- Must demonstrate ownership of assigned responsibilities and the ability to get the job done correctly and in a timely manner.
- Possess a proactive and positive team approach to problem resolution.
- Able to establish strong working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.