Do you want to work for a smart, global company thats as committed to its employees as it is to manufacturing processes? At Cartamundi, the world leader in the manufacturing of playing cards and board games, youll find a highly committed, collaborative culture that feels like family. We bring passion into every game we manufacture for kids of all ages throughout the world. Our secret to success is a highly skilled, motivated workforce that believes in our company purpose: Sharing the Magic of Playing Together!
This position is a step-up from a Machine Tender position this is not a button pusher position. Youll need to be able to set up the equipment and do change-overs and some trouble-shooting. You dont need to be a specialized machine mechanic (we have those to help you if the equipment breaks down), but you need some solid mechanical ability and the potential to learn and progress to the next level. Do you re-build car engines in your spare time? Then we want to talk to you!
The Card Conversion department is responsible for taking large sheets of cards and forming them into decks for games. You will be loading material (card sheets) into the machine, and setting up the machine according to the specifics of each particular deck. You'll need to be detail oriented - this equipment requires a high degree of accuracy to ensure the knives and decks are lined up correctly.
As a Machine Technician - Card Conversion, your responsibilities will include:
- Changing wrapper film and tear tape and making minor adjustments to the slitting knives and making tooling adjustments on the Ruge and Singer, which includes changing chisels and anvils when required to maintain cut quality.
- Performing simple repairs and making changes to set-up parameters in order to compensate for changes in material and sheet registration.
- Assisting in set-up activities, which may include changing cutter shafts and ME tooling, and adjusting conveyors, scales, guides, rails and setting feeder and machine parameters.
- Maintaining Production, Quality, Safety and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) standards.
- Maintaining accurate records, generating required production/safety/quality documents and performing good receipt activities in SAP.
- Training new card conversion operators.
- Keeping machine and work area clean and organized.
- Supporting and participating in department's Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical ability - demonstrated experience in machine set-up/repair, etc. (automotive experience applies)
- Ability to progress to the next level by continually training and improving your skills and knowledge in the department
- Adequate English ability to understand operating manuals, procedures, work instructions and follow operational direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and with Supervisor/Group Leader.
- A working knowledge of using quality work instructions in the daily work.
Physical Requirements Include the Ability to:
- Stand or sit for an 8-hour shift.
- Repetitively grasp, pinch, push and pull with arms hands, occasionally simultaneously, with and without mechanical assisted devices.
- Frequently transfer objects and materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Reach above shoulder height to work, bending and stooping occasionally to work at different heights.
- Safely mount, dismount and operate mobile equipment.
- Move from one area to another in the department around equipment, climb stairs, platforms and ladders.
We offer competitive pay, shift differential, excellent health benefits, 401(K) matching program and profit sharing. Apply today and discover the magic of making a difference at Cartamundi!
Cartamundi East Longmeadow LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities.
This position is a member of Local 224 RWDSU.
Candidates must be 18 years old to work for Cartamundi, East Longmeadow LLC.
No agencies please. No sponsorship available.