The Director of Compliance and BSA's chief duties are overseeing the bank's regulatory Compliance, Fair Lending and BSA programs. Works with Executive Management and the Board of Directors to recommend and implement strategies, policies, and procedures that ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements associated with the bank's business activities. The primary mission is to control and monitor operational risk for the bank to minimize losses and reputation risk associated with banking activities.
- Supervise the Compliance Officer to ensure implementation of overall compliance management system and functions including: risk management strategies, compliance policies & procedures, regulatory requirements, coordination of audits & reporting, conducting internal investigation of compliance issues, compliance training and responding to regulatory findings and compliance questions and issues from bank management, officers and department employees.
- Maintain communication with regulators, internal auditors, and independent monitoring functions. Ensures all internal audit functions, regulatory, and law enforcement agency requests, findings and recommendations are complied with in a timely manner.
- Review and approve all core bank marketing and advertising and work with various areas of the bank to ensure new product and services are in line with regulatory requirements.
- Supervise all fair lending responsibilities including responding to business unit questions and situations on fair lending risks. Perform follow up on open compliance issues and observations, assess fair lending risks by performing group assessments, evaluate data from loan for application of fair lending standards, and coordinate audits.
- Fulfill all duties and responsibilities as the BSA Officer for the bank.
- Supervise BSA staff to ensure implementation and execution of the bank's responsibilities under the Bank Secrecy Act including the following: assess the impact of new or amended BSA/AML laws and regulations and their implications for bank policies and procedures, coordinate implementation and annual risk assessments, ensure software reviews of relevant transactions for suspicious or unusual customer activity, supervise proper filing of information in the form of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR), respond to 314(a) and 314(b) requests, Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), and maintain ongoing development and maintenance of automated AML software.
- Respond to subpoenas or other related requests from law enforcement including national security letters.
- Organize the work and activities of the BSA Department in order to achieve established goals including board training, external audits, and reporting and monitoring of the efficiency and performance of the department versus established standards.
- Four Year College degree in finance, accounting, economics, law or business preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- Over 5 years of experience working on compliance and regulatory initiatives in a banking or other financial institution environment with experience at the management level.
- Certification in one or more of the following preferred: Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Bank Compliance Officer (CBCO) or Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional (CRCP).
- Knowledge of Regulatory/Compliance laws associated with banking operations, consumer/commercial lending and mortgage lending.
- Ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality, problem solve and supervise a team.
- Knowledge of bank's products, delivery channels and various computer software (i.e. MS Office).
- Must have keen analytical skills and be detail oriented.
- Must have experience conducting reviews, investigations and audits.
- Must have good research skills and forensic abilities.
- Must have excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to operate project management and financial analysis computer software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.