The Senior Accountant will be the SME (subject matter expert) in the accounting financial system and provide analysis of financial data as well as prepare journal entries, detailed reports, manage Fixed Assets and complex account reconciliations. This position assists in duties related to month-end close, years end close, and the annual audit process.
- Recommend, build reporting processes, analyze and reports on Key Performance Indicators for the organization and stakeholders.
- Financial system administrator with the responsibility of building ad-hoc reports and integrating with other systems when applicable
- Offer advanced analysis and review of financial transactions for troubleshooting and correcting errors in the financial system
- Reconcile and analyze complex general ledger accounts
- Train personnel on accounting systems
- Maintain Finance internal webpage
- Responsible for tracking and recording fixed assets
- Prepare monthly complex account reconciliations
- Assist with month-end and year end close
- Assist in year-end audit
- Following internal controls
- Backup to the Comptroller
- Assist with other projects as needed
- BA in Finance or Accounting, Masters preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in analytical roles, or senior level accounting roles, with demonstrated track record of increasing responsibilities.
- Highly skilled technically with accounting software and reporting
- Capable of analyzing data to reason and reach conclusions with minimum guidance.
- Competent in the application of accounting, finance, auditing and cost control technologies.
- Demonstrated GAAP and advanced accounting skills
- Experience with month end closing, year-end closing, and audit processes
- System requirements include advanced level knowledge of Microsoft suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and a strong knowledge of ERP systems (i.e., Oracle, SAP, etc.) or other cloud-based accounting/finance software.
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to meet duties and responsibilities with minimum supervision. Dependability, accuracy and highest integrity are essential.