See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7337
We are seeking a talented Business Analyst III to be responsible for identifying the tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand business process, structure, policies, and operations of the organization with the goal of helping deliver new and enhanced processes, products, and services. Assist in formulating recommendations that enable the organization or business unit achieve its goals.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Business requirements and scope development.
- Coordinate projects and delivery proper documentation.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations and feedback loops.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related major, or comparable work experience.
- Five to Eight years' experience serving as key liaison to other departments that have specific business functions.
- Five to Eight years' experience planning, elicit, capture, analyze and validate business, functional and technical requirements.
- Five to Eight years' experience performing current state analysis of existing business systems, applications and functions.
- Three to Five years' experience with the Agile / Lean methodologies.
- 5+ years' effective planning, scheduling, coordinating medium to large projects, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Understand core systems, applications and technical platforms.
- Strong understanding of concepts of project planning and project management techniques to assist in small projects and/or group initiatives.
- Working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms, including legacy midrange, client / server and web services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to non-public business, financial and technological information, plans or data.
- Ability to think analytically to solve problems individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond to external and internal customers' needs in a timely manner.
- Ability to work the time necessary to complete projects or meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of concepts of project planning and project management techniques to assist in small projects and/or group initiatives.
- Ability to influence a culture of embracing change, taking a consultative lead, collaborating for results, putting clients and consumers doing it right and going beyond.
- Understand core systems, applications and technical platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office and Visio.
- Ability to evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between IT and other departments.
- Understanding of core business processes is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services, and/or Atlassian JIRA is a plus.
- 5+ years' SQL skills and experience with Sequel Database Query Analyzer preferred.
- 5+ years' experience planning, facilitate and execute system / functional testing and UAT for projects and enhancements preferred.
- 3+ years' experience training and mentoring others in business analysis tasks and responsibilities preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in modeling / mapping as-is and to-be business processes preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in test planning, test case development and execution is a plus.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.