See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2020-7017
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst IV to lead strategic projects and other data quality remediation planning. This position serves as a team lead, mentors all other levels of data analysts and serves as an advisor to our business in matters of data, reporting and business intelligence. The Data Analyst IV advises on technology industry standards, tools, and practices as well as designs and implements best practices for the data analyst team. The incumbent(s) partner closely with business and operations teams.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Leads strategic and enterprise level data driven projects.
- Follows and advises on industry standards and advances on data driven technologies and tools.
- Designs and implements best practice for the data analyst team.
- Serves as technical lead and mentor to other less tenured data analysts.
- Analyzes data to determine relationships between very large datasets.
- Creates enterprise level end-to-end data flow diagrams and logical data models.
- Develops very complex SQL, T-SQL scripts for various reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
- Documents business requirements, source to target data mapping, collaboration with technology teams, design, development, testing, and deployments.
- Documents System of Record on very complex data models and map to business process.
- Creates data mapping specification designs, data feed specifications, data analysis and data comparison.
- Develops and documents data remediation requirements and plans.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- College degree in Analytics, Data Science, Data Management, CIS or similar, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 10+ years' experience as a data analyst or equivalent position where working with data is a primary responsibility.
- 10+ years' experience with data technologies, process, data mapping tools with highly complex and integrated business models.
- Ability to analyze data to determine relationships between very large and enterprise level datasets.
- Data Warehousing methodologies and best practices.
- Financial industry knowledge.
- Agile methodologies.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL, T-SQL, and SSRS.
- Tableau Desktop Pro & MS Excel.
- MS Office including Visio 2013.
- Ability to lead large data driven enterprise projects.
- Knowledge of Jira.
- Ability to coach, mentor and lead others in the technology area.
- Ability to identify and set best practices for the data analyst role.
- Must be detailed oriented with ability to detect patterns from very large volumes of data with a focus on enterprise solutions.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.