About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap and CAPS.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time. General: It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and other persons.
- Leads a team of technical engineering subject matter experts in support of engineering projects and day to day manufacturing support for parenteral pharmaceutical products.
- Manages the activities of multi disciplined engineers and techncians in a team environment.
- Responsible for Systems Implementation (SCADA, Data Collection, etc.), Automation, Controls, and Robotics.
- Responsible for integration of equipment components to ensure efficient productivity of manufacturing lines.
- Ensures that equipment engineering projects, initiatives and processes are in compliance with established policies and objectives.
- Assists in the development and execution of the strategic plan to achieve short and long term business objectives.
- Establishes specifications for new equipment or modifications associated with improvement of existing equipment.
- Supports operations in establishing the equipment requirements needed to deliver against the site operational goals and objectives including process validation.
- Responsible for a group of direct reports and personnel actions including hiring, performance management and termination.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry. Influences the development of and drives the application of principles, theories, concepts. Determines best course of action.
- Manages entry to intermediate level employees of a department or a function with 1 or 2 sections. Ensures budgets, schedules, and performance requirements are met.
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver's license and passport
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its Sharing Expertise initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.