Excellent opportunity to join a stable company providing patient care. We are looking for a dependable, dedicated, and respectful person to join our team. Outstanding compensation including generous paid time off, 9 paid holidays, excellent health benefits, a company paid pension, multiple bonuses, and more!
Responsibilities include assisting in all phases of dispensing prescriptions and maintaining adequate inventory of drugs and supplies under direct supervision of pharmacist on duty. Adheres to Corporate Compliance program, by reporting improper or unethical conduct, violation of applicable laws, regulations or program requirements.
DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in most aspects of filling prescriptions.
- Provides primary assistance in the counting and pouring of pharmaceuticals using both apothecary and metric weights and measures.
- Reconstitution of pediatric solutions and suspensions, selection of appropriate container and application of label. This is performed under proper supervision of pharmacists.
- Assists in maintaining a complete patient list including name, address, chart number, allergy information, Medicaid status and information, if available.
- Assists in maintaining proper audit trail for prescription refills, including daily audit and monthly audit.
- Generally responsible for ordering drugs and maintaining an adequate inventory of drugs and supplies such as plastic containers and bottles.
- Responsible for general housekeeping and rotating stock, checking for expiration dates on a monthly basis.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent training and experience.
- One year of experience in customer relations.
- Computer literate.
- Bilingual skills, Spanish/English preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to type 25 WPM High School level mathematics knowledge