Work for an Award Winning Company Culture!
Are you an independent, self-starting, team player with a positive attitude? Are you passionate about giving back to your community? Do you want to work for a company that we like to think as the happiest place in mortgage and has been voted a Best Place to Work for the last 16 years? Join our family at Homeowners Financial Group and you can take advantage of our great benefits.
- 9 paid holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Cigna Healthcare Benefits including vision, medical, life and dental
- 401k with discretionary match
- Employee tenure program
- President's Club for both Sales and Operations staff
Who We Are: Homeowners Financial Group has over 400 employees in 38 offices across the country and has helped tens of thousands of homeowners realize homeownership. We are not your typical mortgage company: we foster a family environment, we give back to the community through dozens of charities, and we love what we do!
Who We Want: We want a Human Resources (HR) Generalist who ensures the daily operations of functional areas in the HR Department run smoothly such as benefit and leave administration, new hire onboarding, and enforcing company policy and procedures.
- Coordinates the HR onboarding process
- Partners with hiring managers to write offer letters for all staff, including detailed commission language
- Conducts pre-employment background checks to maintain compliance with applicable industry, state, and federal regulations
- Completes I-9 forms, verifies I-9 documentation, and enters information in E-Verify as required
- Responsible for tracking and completion of all new hire paperwork and notifies internal departments of incoming new hires
- Sends out weekly offer letter status report and conducts bi-weekly meeting
- Assists with set up of new hires within HFG's payroll system
- Works with Payroll and Sales Managers to develop and administer compensation addendums and agreements
- Processes and obtains approvals for all employee status changes
- Assists and processes various deductions, status changes, and updates within payroll under the direction of HR Manager and Payroll Manager
- Deploys communications related to employee onboarding and offboarding
- Works with HR management to process and conduct terminations
- Performs benefits administration including open enrollment, new hire onboarding, qualifying events, claim resolution, audit of monthly carrier billing, change reporting and communicates benefit information to employees
- Assists with the administration of the company's 401(k), sends out announcements, and fields and directs questions as needed
- Works in conjunction with the necessary departments for workers compensation reporting and disability insurance claims
- Produces various HR reports upon request
- Assists HR team with Company audits
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Participates in HFG internal meetings and required trainings
- Maintains a professional image and demonstrates an understanding of and follows all HFG Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of HR experience required
- Industry experience preferred
- Paylocity experience preferred
- Proficient PC skills to include Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Strong customer service skills to internal and external customers
- Ability to develop positive relationships
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to implement written procedures
- Independent, self-starting, team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial data
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job may require handling objects up to 10 pounds frequently and 20 pounds occasionally. While performing the duties described herein, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel in addition to talking and hearing. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Office environment is normally climate controlled.
Homeowners Financial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.