PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts the monthly benefits meeting with eligible employees. Coordinates the enrollment process with the insurance carrier and the Payroll Department.
- Calculates and prepares the workers compensation, unemployment compensation, new hires, terminations, 401K enrollees, in-service program numbers for the Human Resources Department monthly report.
- Oversees the unemployment procedures and filing requirements. Attends hearing when necessary.
- Oversees the workers compensation procedures and filing requirements. Attends hearing when necessary.
- Interviews and hires hourly production and warehouse employees when requested.
- Prepares and maintains the new hire filing to the State of Connecticut each month.
- Provides the administrative function on COBRA issuance which involves detailed documentation, report preparation and premium requirements which are obtained from employees.
- Researches issues regarding employee terminations.
- Maintains all Human Resources files, I-9 files, medical files, termination files.
- Maintains all electronic records on the Human Resource system for report preparation purposes.
- Handles the new employee orientation as required by the Human Resources Department.
- Chairs the Employee Newsletter Committee. Prepares the newsletter electronically and sends out for distribution.
- Handles the electronic board and all postings needed for communication to employees.
- Serves as a backup to the Payroll Coordinators position.
Requires a Bachelors Degree from a recognized college or university in Human Resources Management and/or 5 7 years experience in a Human Resources Department.