Registered Medication Associate (R.M.A.)
Job ID: 2021-8134
Type: Regular Part-Time
# of Openings: 2
Category: Resident Care
Commonwealth Senior Living at Williamsburg
Do you have a sincere passion for working with seniors and a love of keeping them healthy? Our Registered Medication Associates (RMA) do too! Our direct care team cares for our residents in a number of ways including personal needs, grooming and hygiene, housekeeping, laundering, social interactions, and meals. The main objective of this position ensures that residents receive comprehensive care and services by assisting them in the administration of medications. Team members must possess a big heart and a need to serve while you monitor the residents comfort and respond to their physical and emotional needs.
This position is one of the steps in becoming a nurse and this position can grow into leadership opportunities at our communities. Team members can pursue a nursing education and Commonwealth Senior Living will assist with paying for education and providing training! Career growth into Assistant Resident Care Director or Resident Care Director is possible. Our company even boasts several Executive Directors who began their careers in this role! Commonwealth Senior Living is a recognized leader in senior living, employing around 2,000 associates, and is a two consecutive year recipient of the Great Place to Work certification!
- Administers and accurately records the administration of medications for residents as prescribed by the physician in accordance with established policies and procedures of Commonwealth Senior Living and applicable state/federal regulations. Observes, records and reports to the Resident Care Director, or designee, symptoms and conditions of residents that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects.
- Determines and records effectiveness of medications in a timely and accurate manner as required by state and federal regulations and provides and promotes residents rights during the administration of medications.
- Stores medications in a safe and accurate manner in accordance with established policies and procedures of Commonwealth Senior and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Monitors medications to ensure adequate accountability measures are taken when medications are ordered, received into the community, administered and at change of shift as required by policies and procedures of Commonwealth Senior Living and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Routinely inspects, cleans and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety. Reports any equipment or supply issues to the Resident Care Director for correction or repair.
- Obtains, records and reports vital signs as indicated during the administration of medications.
- Demonstrates awareness of proper infection control practice by using Universal Precautions and following policies and procedures of the company, including OSHAs Blood-borne Pathogen Standard.
- Communicates to residents, staff and others in accurate and factual manner and seeks clarification from or refers questions to Resident Care Director when indicated.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as listed in the Certified Nurse Assistant job description.
- Caring about people. Previous work with seniors would be fantastic!
- Drive for doing the right thing and seeing things through to the end
- Passionate about a job well done, having fun, and celebrating success
- Confident to speak up
- Great listener
- Takes ownership and adds value seeks to improve something every single day!
- Consistently exhibits respect in all interactions
- Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Possessing your state CMA/RMA (Certified/Registered Medication Aide) certification would be ideal