D3 Engineering is currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Tester. The successful candidate will primarily work with the software and hardware development team in testing application and embedded software. The candidate will be responsible for software testing (QA), developing and executing Test Cases for various types of testing such as Functional, GUI, Integration, Regression, Data Validation, User Interface, and overall system integration. He or she will also be required to manage Defect Reporting and Software Releases.
D3 Engineering, LLC, headquartered in Rochester, NY, is an established engineering services company. In business for over 15 years, we are focused on new product development utilizing our expertise in Embedded Vision and Digital Power & Motion serving the Industrial, Bio-Medical, Automotive and, Security & Defense markets.
D3 offers competitive salaries as well as medical and retirement benefits. Our engineers have the opportunity to be engaged in cutting-edge, large company projects, yet in a small company atmosphere.
- Assist software development team by testing application software and hardware level software / firmware that runs on embedded systems
- Develop Test cases, Test Procedures and test tools
- Validating that all requirements are testable
- Participate with the software development team right form the commencement of development and offer design input
- Enforce software testing methodologies to ensure timely introduction of quality software
- Develop timely and accurate software testing status reports and distribute the reports to the engineering team
- Interface with engineers of various disciplines such as hardware, software, optical, etc. to understand the technology and determine the root cause of problems
- Perform regression testing on builds and maintain the software defect tracking database
- Research the latest testing technologies to innovate test automation.
- Create new automated tests (preferable to use open source tools).
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience with Embedded Systems.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Understanding of the Android platform, automation of Android testing is a plus.
- Understanding of photograph equipment and imaging
- Must have experience using Windows and Linux operating systems
- Understanding of Agile testing methods is a plus
- Knowledge of industry standards in Software Development and Quality Engineering process
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience is required.