D3 Engineering has been on the Rochester Chamber Top 100 list for 7 of the last 11 years and is continuing to grow.
- Would you enjoy creating cutting-edge Autonomous Systems?
- Are you inspired by enabling technologies in real-world applications?
- Want to work in a collaborative, innovative environment?
D3 Engineering has an opportunity for you to work with scalable and optimized real-time embedded imaging systems for cutting edge systems and applications. Your ability to learn, innovate, collaborate and lead are highly valued here.
What you work on:
- All aspects of the imaging chain including; sensor and camera calibration, optics, Image Signal Processing (ISP) tuning, algorithm development, analysis, verification and validation, and customer support
- Embedded camera systems and ISPs running real-time operating systems or Embedded Linux on custom electronics.
- Technical tasks including; assisting with board bring-up, testing driver and application-level configurations, and imaging operational verification.
- Camera Module calibration, characterization, unit testing, system debugging, and image quality measurements.
- Technical direction and leadership in a non-supervisory capacity for complex engineering projects, intimate collaboration with customers' engineering teams and managers.
- Support project planning efforts including task definition and estimating work effort.
- Develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by yourself and other team members.
- Development and testing in an electronics/imaging lab environment.
- Embedded Linux platforms
- Open source Linux and associated SDKs
- NVIDIA, TI, Intel HW platforms and development kits
- Camera interface boards
- Developing & identifying tools & methods for analysis, better design reuse & process improvement.
- Design reviews and technical oversight.
- Reporting results from analyses and experiments.
- Coaching & mentoring less experienced engineers and co-ops.
- High speed interfaces including FPD-Link, GMSL, MIPI-CSI, USB3, Gigabit Ethernet\RGMII, SATA, PCIe, FPGA serial transceivers
- Embedded camera, video processing and computer vision
- Electrification (Control and Power Systems)
- Advanced algorithms, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Access to advanced, sometimes unreleased technologies
What you need:
- Image Scientist 0 to 5 years' experience
- Sr. Image Scientist - 5-10+ years of experience
- Bachelor of Science in Imaging Science, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering discipline along with relevant experience and/or equivalent combination
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to use imaging lab & photographic equipment.
- Practitioner of Matlab and/or Python
- Ability to use/learn various industry standard and in-house imaging tools/utilities
- Experience operating embedded HW systems (NVIDIA, TI, Intel)
- Awareness of embedded software and firmware development, including C and C++.
- Experience with Linux OS preferred.
- Experience using GIT or other version control system preferred.
- Experience with embedded camera and video processing is desirable.
- Self-Driven personality and desire to learn new things.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of a big picture, system-oriented approach.
- Solid technical leadership skills.
D3 Engineering is an engineering services company specializing in embedded system product development and real-time signal processing: Hardware, software, and algorithms. We develop and produce embedded systems for some of the world's most innovative technology companies. Our work enables next-generation products for performance-critical applications in medical, industrial, automotive, and defense.
We offer competitive salaries as well as medical, dental, vision, disability, simple IRA, and many more benefits!