West Cecil Health Center (WCHC) is seeking a talented accounting professional to join our team in Conowingo, MD. WCHC is a thriving nonprofit, community health organization that provides comprehensive and collaborative patient centered healthcare services. This position is based in Conowingo, but we value flexibility, and some telework is possible. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will support our amazing care team by:
- Overseeing all day-to-day accounting and finance operations including vendor contracts, insurance and government contracts, A/R, A/P, GL and reconciliations.
- Providing oversight of all grants and contributions. Managing data collection and reporting processes as required by all grantors, donors and government agencies.
- Establishing and maintaining financial systems and controls, and verifying the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Ensuring the management and reporting of all financial and operational activities are compliant and consistent with GAAP, as well as all relevant policies, laws and regulations
This job might be for you if:
- You have a bachelors degree in accounting or related field with at least 5 years of hands on experience, ideally within a healthcare and/or nonprofit organization. (Masters degree and/or CPA designation is a plus)
- You pay attention to the details, and dont let anything slip through the cracks.
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate business needs, and help drive processes for quick decision making
- You have the ability to think at a high level about strategy and goal setting
- You value innovation, embrace change and are motivated and driven to find a better way.
- You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked.
- You have compassion, kindness and empathy for others, and you value equity and diversity.
- You are a strong team builder, enabler of clear communication and you address challenges in an open and constructive manner
At WCHC, we embrace diversity and we don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, or veteran status.