See all jobs in Maumee OH
Job Location: Maumee, OH
Cost Center: 110500
Position Type: FT Hrly-NU/BlCo-No
About the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
The Prepress Technician is a core part of a professional Sun Chemical team focused on providing best in class service, while keeping quality as our top priority. In this role, the Prepress technician is responsible for pre-planning high end graphics jobs, quality control of art before sending to customers, final quality control of. Clean files before plate production begins and creating art for flexographic printing.
Under the general supervision of the Graphics Supervisor and Site Manager the Prepress Operator/Production Artist is responsible for converting customer supplied artwork into a plate ready file. This involves interpreting customer requirements to create and/or manipulate digital files to produce flexographic printing plates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create artwork for Flexographic printing, built to specific job requests and customer press specifications within production timelines.
- Pre-plan digital files. Work as a liaison between the customer, the CSR group and production to determine the best approach to design and color separations.
- Lead the Quality Control initiative for Art for Approval and final .len files before plate production begins.
- Creation of press accurate proofs.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- The ability to communicate appropriately with different types of audiences.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- A constant state of learning and the ability to adapt to a continually improving environment.
- Creative thinker with the ability to visualize art creation from beginning to end.
- Manage a high-volume workload from multiple customers with unique expectations.
- Staying focused, solving problems and multi-tasking in a fast-paced production environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of industry experience
- General knowledge of Wide Web, tag & label and corrugated flexographic printing
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Acrobat Pro & Photoshop
- Strong working knowledge of ESKO Artwork Suite (FlexRIP, Automation Engine, Packedge)
- College degree
- Experience building press ICC profiles and conducting Plate fingerprint & benchmark analysis
Drug screen and background check are mandatory if you are offered this position.
It is Sun's policy that applicants for employment are recruited, selected, and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to the position being filled. Sun prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.