See all jobs in Raleigh NC
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
Cost Center: 119840
Position Type: Sales-Base+Comm.
About the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
This position is responsible for managing, selling and servicing a designated customer base in our South East Region.
This role will ideally be based in or around Raliegh, NC, supporting a territory covering Eastern North Carolina and Virginia. Assigned accounts are generally located within 2 to 3 hours of the Raliegh area.
This individual will also develop new business opportunities that will maximize the company's position by improving revenue and margin in accordance with established regional goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate will be based near Raliegh, NC. They will have an assigned sales territory of approximately $8 million in sales to start. The individual must also keep up to date on market conditions that impact the region and use the information to anticipate market changes for Sun, our customers and our customers' customers. S/he must work internally to get the necessary support to meet the clients' agenda.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- All sales activities relative to their assigned accounts
- Managing those internal resources that are involved with selling the full product line and ensuring the products are delivered as and when required
- Determining and providing those profitable products and technologies that the marketplace demands
Some of the specific responsibilities this individual will have are the following:
- Acts as a consultative representative to the customer
- Develop account plan strategies and identify key buying factors, stakeholders/gatekeepers and decision makers' value propositions and plan to capture the value created
- Sets volume/revenue/margin targets
- Gather and verify information about the customer's customer, basic market strategy, vendor expectations and the customer's competition
- Manage competition, recognize strengths/weaknesses in order to protect existing customer base while capturing new business
- Negotiate and manage internal/external relationships while servicing the customers' needs and coordinating with in-house personnel to achieve the desired results.
- Make calls at scheduled frequencies to solicit business with individual technical groups, purchasing, and/or executives who influence purchasing
- Meet or exceed budgeted targets by generating new business opportunities and building sales, profits, margins of their existing account base
- Assists in the introduction of trial and new products
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful sales or technical sales experience in the ink or printing industry.
- Strongly prefer experience in the packaging ink market; experience in the adhesive, functional coatings, or pressroom consumables markets would also be preferred in this position.
- Candidates with related industry experience (Chemicals, pigments, chemical distribution, technical sales) are also strongly encouraged
- Track record of professional sales accomplishments and proven ability to work with complex accounts
- Key account or sales leadership role experience is preferred
- Prior leadership roles a plus
- Previous experience in a matrixed organization is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally internally and externally
- Role requires regular travel within territory; 3-4 overnights per month is normal
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related sciences preferred
- Equivalent experience or Undergraduate degree in other areas will be considered
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.