See all jobs in San Rafael CA
Job Location: San Rafael, CA
Location: US-CA-San Rafael
# of Openings: 1
System ID: 13650
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Business Office Representative Clerk provides support to the facility by performing specific or various business office functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but not limited to): Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and other duties as assigned.
Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and continuity of care
- Documents all patient information according to established standards of care, policies and procedures
- Discusses patient information with other health team members in an appropriate environment
Interacts with all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional facility environment
- Displays a caring and responsive attitude and conducts all activities respecting patient, family and employee rights and expectations
- Maintains confidentiality of all facility and patient information as required by facility policy
Considers age specific needs in communication.
Utilizes time effectively.
Follows established facility policies and procedures with regard to attendance.
- Maintains attendance according to guidelines and policy established by facility.
- Adheres to tardiness policy.
- Provides notification for unscheduled absences or tardiness in accordance with established departmental procedures as noted by supervisor.
- Requests scheduled time off according to procedure as noted by supervisor.
Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
Adheres to established facility safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates to competent usage of proper body mechanics in all activities.
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies supervisor.
- Completes all Teammate/patient event and Variance documentation in a thorough and timely manner, as required by policy.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of established emergency procedures for facility.
- Practices infection control, standard precautions and universal precautions as instructed or trained.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a neat, organized manner.
Completes appropriate financial management responsibilities.
- Provides input re: equipment needs/supply needs.
- Completes patient charges in accordance with facility procedure and per facility policy.
- Demonstrates sound cost containment techniques.
Assists with housekeeping tasks as necessary to provide a safe environment for patient's, teammates, physicians, guests.
Upholds and practices the principles and policies of the SCA Compliance program.
Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
Attends staff meetings and demonstrates review of minutes for any meetings missed.
Participates in scheduled performance appraisals and demonstrates dedication to ongoing performance improvement.
Fosters a positive and professional facility environment by interacting with all persons in a considerate, helpful and courteous manner and by participating as a team member
- Diffuses/resolves conflict by appropriately communicating with those involved
- Accepts constructive criticism and gives suggestions in a professional manner
- Considers age specific needs in communication
Maintains dress and appearance according to standards as observed by management
Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation
Strives to be professional, courteous, helpful and cooperative
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum three years of experience in health care
Skills and Abilities
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Possess knowledge of health insurance billing.
- Possess knowledge of typing, word processing, spreadsheet and computer billing systems.
- Possess accurate judgment, especially handling insurance claims and dealing with patient accounts.
- Versatile and willing to coordinate with and participate in, when necessary, all other aspects of the Business Office.
- Possess strong initiative to get daily work finished and processed.
- Has ability to communicate effectively with patient, physicians and other staff members.
- Is courteous, understanding and sympathetic toward patients, physicians and others.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, supervisor and other facility employees.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to enter data into computer, files large amounts of paper, and use office equipment.
- Ability to use discretion in dealing with the public.
As a representative of Surgical Care Affiliates, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct effect on the Facility's image and perceptions of quality service. Interaction with patients, families, physicians, referral sources, affiliating schools, visitors, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an atmosphere of teamwork, which is congruent with Facility standards and guidelines to promote positive relations.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.