See all jobs in Maitland FL
Job Location: Maitland, FL
# of Openings: 1
System ID: 11700
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Specifically, you will work in the Accounts Receivable, or A/R department, within our regional business office and will be responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting; following up with insurance companies and/or third party payers to ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate and timely. You will:
- Work closely with insurance companies and third-party payers to collect revenue for surgical services performed.
- This role is primarily focused on collecting payments from insurance companies as opposed from collecting from self-payers/individuals.
- Works closely with payer provider relations representatives
- Contacting insurance companies by email and/or phone to collect payments
- Handles contracted and non-contracted; HMO, PPO, EPO, POS, Worker's Com., self-pay and third-party reimbursement issues.
- Works all denials and corrected claims collaborating with the biller and/or Business Office Manager, insurance payers and/or patients on past due accounts
- Primary functions are credit balance management, patient balance resolution and non-patient (insurance) resolution
- Ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate
- Responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting
- Accurate and timely follow up and resolution for all accounts receivable.
- Meeting and maintaining cash collection metrics and goals
- Effectively and independently handles second level reimbursement issues, contracted and non-contracted denials for serviced before and after procedures
This is a fast-paced environment, which requires attention to detail, accountability, teamwork, and professional behavior and a focus that extends to patients, clients and other departments.
- One or more years' experience in a related position working in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field with core duties related to medical insurance collections, billing, accounts receivable, A/R, collecting payments, collecting re-imbursements, or related training/certificates/diplomas
- In lieu of on-the-job experience--- new or recent college and university graduates with a desire to work in a challenging position within the healthcare industry that have completed an Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree will be considered
- Knowledge of MS Office including Excel and Word
- High school diploma, GED, related certificate/diploma of related training or Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree
- Ideally two or more years' experience working specifically into medical insurance collections, billing, accounts receivable, A/R, collecting payments, collecting re-imbursements from payer organizations or from the insurance company side
- Experience with Medical Billing Software and Applications
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology and health insurance billing.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Customer service and patient service focus
- Ability to multi-task, think critically, and solve problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.