See all jobs in Mobile AL
Job Location: Mobile, AL
# of Openings: 1
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 12151
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
As a representative of Mobile Surgery Center, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct affect on the Facility's image and perceptions of quality service. Interaction with patient, families, physicians, referral sources, affiliating schools, visitors, volunteers, teammates, supervisors, vendors, etc., must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an atmosphere of teamwork which is congruent with Facility standards and guidelines to promote positive relations.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Preoperative/Pre-Admission Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes through implementation of critical pathways and in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the facility.
- Receives physician's pre-operative orders and forwards them to the appropriate areas
- Makes pre-operative telephone calls to each patient and obtains necessary information and enter all required information into the patient's record via One Medical Passport
- Shares pertinent medical histories and potential problems with the Director of Nursing or Preop/PACU Supervisor
- Schedules patient for laboratory, EKG and other diagnostic procedures as indicated
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Adheres to established facility/departmental safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates the competent usage of proper body mechanics in all activities.
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies supervisor
- Completes all teammate/patient incident documentation in a thorough and timely manner, as required by hospital policy
- Demonstrates complete understanding of established emergency procedures for department and hospital.
- Practices infection control and standard precautions as instructed or trained.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attends and participates in all applicable hospital training and development workshops scheduled by the facility.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a pristine manner.
- Has attended and put into practice the principles of Service Satisfaction.
- All daily tasks not completed within the work shift are to be reported to appropriate personnel.
- Strives to be professional, courteous, helpful and cooperative.
- Communicates effectively regarding all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Maintains dress and appearance according to standards as observed by management.
- Associate degree in accredited nursing program or Licensed Practical Nursing certificate
- CPR Certification, Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, current license to practice in the state of Alabama.
- At least one year of medical /surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Current state licensure to practice.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Successful completion of ACLS course within 90 days of employment.
- Successful completion of PALS course within 90 days of employment.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter
- Demonstrates cooperative work attitude toward and with teammates, management, patients, visitors and physicians.
- Maintains certifications in CPR.
- Maintains Continuing Education Units (CEUs) as required by the State Board of Nursing.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with patients, families, teammates, supervisor and other facility teammates
- Competent Computer skills required for One Medical Passport, HST etc.