CAN Community Health the 2nd largest provider of HIV services in the United States has an immediate opening for medical front desk receptionist at our Jacksonville, Florida clinic. Excellent Schedule: Monday - Thursday: 8 AM to 5 PM Fridays 8 AM to 12:30 PM. Excellent starting rate with premiere benefit program including medical & dental insurance, paid time off, holidays, retirement, and much more!
Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for Front Desk Office Administration.
Primary Tasks: Medical Front Office Receptionist
- Accurately learns EMR system.
- Greets and directs all clinic patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
- Professionally and effectively answers and routes all phone calls.
- Creates new billing batch in EMR each morning
- Collects payments for daily visits and account balances
- Accurately enters all payments into EMR
- Verifies that current insurance cards are on file
- Makes copies of current insurance cards for EMR when needed
- Accurately enters and maintains accurate insurance information for patients in EMR
- Verifies patient's demographics at each visit
- Distribute all clinic mail and faxes
- Coordinates patient transportation if needed
Secondary Tasks: Medical Front Office Receptionist
- Assists Check Out, Medical Records, and RN/LPN with administrative/clerical tasks when requested
- Maintains adequate stock of office supplies.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient/client and/or family in accordance with HIPAA, professional and departmental standards.
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.'s mission and values, and follows its policies and procedures.
- Works effectively and professionally with a diverse population treating all staff, patient and clients with respect at all times.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Responsible To: Front Office Supervisor.Requirements:
Physical Requirements: Medical Front Office Receptionist
- Neat, professional appearance.
- SEDENTARY: Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly in lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, visual and auditory acuity.
Education/Professional: Medical Front Office Receptionist
Associate Degree and/or business equivalent
Valid Driver's License
Experience: Medical Front Office Receptionist
- Three years of office experience required.
- Minimum of one year experience in a medical office setting with medical records and/or front office.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Medical Front Office Receptionist
- Ability to organize and complete work assignments with minimal guidance.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with constant interruptions.
- Ability to deal with a diverse clientele both in person and over the phone.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical office procedures and EMR system
- Knowledge of office equipment including multi-line phone system.
- Proficient with computer software programs including Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Ability to be highly organized and focused on details and accuracy.
- Ability to utilize problem solving techniques.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Other Duties: Medical Front Office Receptionist
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAN is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law