CAN Community Health has a excellent opportunity for an IT Specialist in our growing Information Technology Department. Excellent schedule, starting salary, and premiere benefit plan. Interested candidates can learn more about us by visiting our web-site at www.cancommunityhealth.org.
Statement of Purpose: This position is CAN Community Health, Inc.'s initial Information Technology support contact for all locations managed by CAN. This role will be the primary support resource for onsite assistance for CAN facilities - locally, remotely, and may also be required to assist with other companies within the CAN family.
Essential Functions: IT Specialist
- Provides primary and secondary technical support, resolving requests whenever possible.
- Gathers necessary information, documents in ticket tracking software and escalates requests as necessary.
- Utilize company documentation and other technical resources to provide solutions to technical requests.
- Maintains ticket tracking software functionality, monitors tickets for follow-up and documents ticket resolutions.
- Informs leadership about critical issues and provides company communication as directed by service level agreements.
- Configures and supports all computer hardware and software (except EMR software).
- Prioritizes all incoming work on a daily basis, responding promptly and appropriately to urgent issues.
- Works as a liaison between support vendors and external suppliers to resolve issues at hand.
- Maintains accurate hardware and software inventory for all locations.
- Assists Information Technology staff with projects by completing additional tasks as requested.
- Protects employee and patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Collaboratively works with peers, clinical staff, internal and external stakeholders to drive customer success.
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.'s mission and values, and follows its policies and procedures.
Responsible To: Director of Information Technology.Requirements:
Skills/Experience: IT Specialist
- Mid-level 0365 experience, including desktop applications.
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Provide remote support using remote support tools.
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Ability to exercise judgment to solve operational problems where the answer is not apparent.
- Ability to maintain strong attention to detail in high pressure situations.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to travel on short notice including consecutive overnight stays.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to drive company vehicles.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks at one time and effectively manage stress.
- Strong ethics, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Ability to research projects.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to utilize decision-making techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of basic and mid-level Networking concepts, some practical experience required.
Education/Professional: IT Specialist
- Minimum 3-years prior Information Technology experience required.
- Certified HIPAA Professional - required within 6-months of obtaining the position
- IT Certifications required - will review on a per candidate basis.
Physical Demands: IT Specialist
- Neat professional appearance
- Medium: Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly in lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- May require site to site travel using personal vehicle.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, visual and auditory acuity.
Machines, Equipment & Tools Used: IT Specialist
- Computers and various software programs
- Calculator and business machines
- Operate a motor vehicle
Other Duties: IT Specialist
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAN is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.